Making Meetings Work
Develops best practices for leading and participating in meetings
This unique course develops the skills and understanding that ensure meetings are focused, productive, and amiable. Through discussions and role-play activities, participants develop essential communication and language skills for leading and/or participating in meetings, including moving tasks forward, maintaining good relationships, preparing and following an agenda, and resolving differences.
Audience: People who speak English as their first language or who speak English-as-a-second-language at an intermediate to advanced level
Job Level: Technical professionals, leaders
This training enables participants to:
- Identify ‘best practices’ for successful meetings
- Prepare a comprehensive agenda, including purpose, topics, timelines, roles, and action items
- Take accurate meeting notes
- Participate actively in meetings to move tasks forward and maintain good relationships
- Practise constructive problem-solving techniques in meeting interactions
- Chair a meeting effectively, including performing introductions, stating the purpose, explaining meeting protocol, and introducing the agenda
- Facilitate meetings skillfully, including arbitrating, staying on course, and summarizing
- Understand an 8-step method to resolve conflict creatively
- Apply conflict resolution skills in one-to-one and team meetings
- Use clear language and key phrases effectively in written and verbal meeting functions
I would like to take more training programs designed by Gandy Associates on similar topics as this course was a great opportunity to learn and apply the best practices required for my meeting to be successful. I liked the way the course was designed. This course covered all the topics and requirements to practise for any successful meeting.
Expense Reimbursement Receipt Analyst
A very useful communication course.
Director, Enterprise Risk Management
The material is helpful in my work.
Senior Quantitative Analyst
The instructor was very good – positive, organized, engaged.
Senior Project Control Coordinator
The course provides best practices related to our working experience and our instructor Rob is professional and gives good advice on our issues. The course is helpful and I will definitely considering take more Gandy courses later.
Senior Credit Risk Analyst
I think this course is great! Sharing daily best practices improved my skills to learn and apply at work. I would love to continue to take more courses provided by Gundy Associates.
Senior Test Coordinator